my momma's easy no bake cookies

my mom has made these no bake cookies forever.  i used to wrinkle my nose up to them every time.  i wasn't a lover of peanut butter and couldn't even stand the smell.  well, that's over and i can even enjoy at pb & j.  these are now one of my favorite cookies.

YOU'LL NEED:
2 cups of sugar
3 tbl cocoa
1/2 cup of milk
1 stick of butter
1/2 cup of peanut butter
1 tsp of vanilla
3 cups of quick oats


DIRECTIONS:
combine sugar, cocoa and milk in large dutch oven and stir. lay out wax paper to put the cookies on. start cooking sugar over medium heat. stir constantly. bring mixture to full boil and let boil for 1 minute (no more than a minute). remove from heat. add the butter, peanut butter, and vanilla. when melted add the oats. mix well and then scoop out on wax paper.

*the secret is constantly stirring and not over cooking.
*do not double butter if you want to make a double batch.

SO GOOD.






anna and i made a yummy pumpkin chili yesterday. it was the perfect day for it because it was cold and rainy. it was super easy and she posted the recipe on her blog. i've already added it to my recipe box. we're hoping to get together weekly to make lunch and we'll be sharing the recipes with you! win-win, right?

it's election day! have you voted? michael and i walked up the street with ellie early this morning. it was packed and i felt proud of our neighborhood.  we might not all agree on politics, but it makes me happy to know people care about this country.

8 comments:

  1. this is awesome! i really love these cookies and i am so happy that someone else besides me knows that recipe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You finally like peanut butter?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I know. I had one of grandma's pb cookies from the freezer a while back and I was MISSING OUT!

      Delete
  3. I used to loathe pb when I was younger as well. But now, I can't get enough of it! These look very delicious. They kind of remind me of these little "energy bites" that I like to make with peanut butter, oats, honey and chocolate chips. I imagine that this must be just as, if not more, tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People always thought I was so strange for not liking it. Ha! Those energy bites sound delicious and probably a little bit healthier than these butter ad sugar filled cookies. ;)

      Delete
  4. Both of these recipes sound so great!
    Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are just the cutest in that photo of you stirring the pot! and no bake cookies are a great idea!

    ReplyDelete