i kind of love fall.



yesterday was just what i needed.  it was a rainy, chilly fall day.  ellie and i went grocery shopping and then took lunch to michael.  i need to do that more often... it's so, so good to see him during the day.  she was worn out and took a super long nap.  this led me to having time to relax a little and bake.  i made some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies (recipe i used) ....hmmm mmm.  and, for dinner we had grilled cheese and tomato soup...  perfect for the weather.  today i think we'll stay cozy in our pajamas until it's time to get ready for life group tonight.  this is the life.

7 comments:

  1. I am sorry that someone was rude to you. You are so right though. The reason I recently decided to do this is that I want something I can look back at one day and my children if they choose to as a positive reflection of our life, I think that should be the point of all family blogs and not the amount of comments or followers you get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @beautifulhippie: thank you so much for those sweet words. i decided to delete that part of this post. it felt nice to just get it out, but after writing it and posting it i felt like it didn't really need to be said out loud on here. i'll continue to do what i've been doing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these sweet photos. You make being a Mom look like so much fun :) I'm excited when we have our own babes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that plate! Where did you get it? I am sorry I didn't get back to your fb message right away. Sometimes my phone signs me in when I am not really at my computer, and I don't know I got a message until later. Also, your glasses are awesome. I wish I needed them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paige: the plate is from a thrift store! I got your message... talk soon! And, I wish I could see without glasses.

    Rebekka: thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. those cookies look delicious!! My hubs would love them...anything pumpkin and he is all in :)

    ReplyDelete